McClung Park, located at 930 McClung Park Drive off Chestnut Street, was built in 1915 by inmates of the Missouri State Penitentiary as a state park. The supervisor of the construction was D.C. McClung, for whom the park is named. Parks and Recreation purchased the 45 acre park in 1940 from the Missouri State Penal Board.
McClung Park is best known for its large outdoor pavilion and barbecue facility and the indoor pavilion. There is also a playground and playfield on the site.
The outdoor pavilion has a capacity of 160 under roof and can accommodate 125 more with the outdoor seating area. The air conditioned indoor pavilion can accommodate groups as large as 200. It has a small serving kitchen and is frequently used for square dancing, a variety of Parks and Recreation leisure classes, wedding receptions and class reunions.
With parking for 158 vehicles, McClung Park often serves large group bar-b-ques and fund raising events. The entrance to McClung Park is off Chestnut Street, just across from Lincoln University's Dwight T. Reed Stadium.
PDF Map of Park
Click on map for larger image