Animal Control is responsible for maintaining and operating the Jefferson City Animal Shelter, as well as aiding the public with animal disturbances and nuisances.
How You Can Help the Jefferson City Animal Shelter
The Animal Control Officers' duties include:
- rescuing stray animals within the limits of Jefferson City.
- removing wildlife from inside homes and work areas.
- investigating animal abuse calls.
- reporting bite incidents.
- taking necessary action when citizens do not comply with City animal ordinances.
- collecting dead animals, both road kill and euthanized at local veterinarian offices.
- investigating unclean yard complaints.
- investigating barking complaints.
- corralling loose livestock.
- collecting injured animals.
- assisting police with animals while they are serving warrants.
- investigating abandoned animal reports.
- informing the public of city and county ordinances.
The Animal Shelter’s Veterinarian and Veterinarian Assistant’s duties include:
- feeding, medicating, and caring for animals housed at the shelter.
- providing adoption services.
- supervising volunteers.
- Spaying and Neutering animals available for adoption.
Karen Jennings, Animal Control Supervisor
Lt. Randy Dampf, Interim Support Services Commander
Jefferson City Animal Shelter
2308 Hyde Park Road
Jefferson City, MO 65109
Phone: (573) 634-6429
Fax: (573) 659-8209
Email the Animal Shelter
Hours: Monday - Saturday 12:00 pm - 4:30 pm
If you would like to return or surrender your pet to the shelter, we ask that you please call to make sure we are accepting animals. We only take owned animals Monday through Thursday, unless approved by the Shelter Supervisor.